id="tms_job_175">Electrical Engineer II
Job Type :Full Time
Education :Bachelor's Degree
Skill :Engineering ->Electrical, Design
Job Description :
ELECTRICAL ENGINEER II
Responsible for the electrical design of systems and equipment for all related gas turbine power generation products, including the major systems for filtration, inlets and exhausts along with their related auxiliary subsystems.
Job Requirements :
* Review design specifications and technical drawings to identify customer's requirements annd specifications.
* Design systems and products to meet customer's specifications
* Review and approve drawings and bill of materials for fabrications
* Address shop related fabrications problems associated with operation and commissioning of equipment and systems
* Handle mulitple projects of different design concepts and provide project coordination to the electrical designers
* Assist in manufacture/vendor supplied material conflict resolution
* Refine existing designs of product to meet new customer's requirements or updated standards
* Adapt to changing profiles and work under pressure in a real-time environmentTECHNICAL SKILLS:
* General computer skills and programming.
* Basic knowledge of MS applications, i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Projects.
* Working knowledge of Adobe Acrobat Read and Writer.
* Working knowledge of AutoCAD/lite.
* Working knowledge of North American and European electrical standards and codes.
* Understanding or equipment testing, evaluation, calibration techniques, etc...
* Fundamental knowledge of design, operation and inspection of motors, batteries, relays, circuit breakers, switchgear, transformers annd field instrumentation.
* General understanding of power plant operation, including the interrelationship of engineering with operation and maintenance functions.
* Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time.
* Ability to type on a keyboard and operate a PC.
* Ability to converse over a telephone.
* Ability to work in office and perform in corporate environment.EDUCATION:
Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering required. Master's degree preferred.
Equivalent experience considered at the discretion of management.EXPERIENCE:Three to five years experience required in Electrical Engineering along with field experience related to power equipment, systems, and plant performance.Global Power is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to excellence through diversity.