id="tms_job_168">Manufacturing Engineer (Mechanical Design)
Job Type :Full Time
Education :Bachelor's Degree
Job Description :
Manufacturing Engineer (Mechanical Engineering emphasis)
Responsible for performing engineering activities related to design and management of product. Overall experience should included process knowledge with emphasis placed on design and product management.
Job Requirements :
· Preparing manufacturing documentation required for product manufacturing.
· Providing manufacturing data to shop floor.
· Investigate operational problems affecting production and dealing with them in a systematic, methodical manner.
· Create estimates by analyzing current drawings, determine and verify dimensions and generate detailed line item; change to OBE; make revisions as needed.
· Ensures most accurate estimates are provided to Management and Sales.
· Create estimates for duplicate jobs by investigating historical data; update pricing.
· Continually updates material and labor costs.
· Create actual cost standards annually.
· Supplies material, shop labor hours, engineering and drafting hours breakdown by component.
· Planning the use of resources and scheduling activities in order to meet set objectives.
· Improving existing operations, aid with incorporating new methods and processes.
· Work with design engineering to produce design build product Bill of Materials (BOM’s)
· Contribution to and supports the improvement and continuance of quality programs and the company’s team concept; ensures effective efforts are made at all times to accomplish the company’s mission.
· Recommends improvements in procedures contributing to the efficiency of the department and company and identifying ways to reduce production cost.
· Confers with supervisor on consistent basis to keep abreast of current costs and other job related information.
· Perform other duties, special projects and presentation for executive management, as required.
· Working knowledge of the gas turbine products and related processes.
· Thorough knowledge of fabrication processes, shop standards, and materials
· Ability to read and interpret drawings and specifications to understand customer requirements.
· Experience in preparing detailed job specific BOM in an inventory management system.
· Experience preparing specific Job Order Routings and Manufacturing instructions for internal and external work centers.
· Experience scheduling and coordinating flow of work within or between departments of manufacturing plant to expedite production.
· Experiences with a wide variety of manufacturing processes in a job shop
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Products, Word, Excel, etc…
· Previous experience with SolidWorks CAD, CNC equipment, and ERP.
· General knowledge of machining processes and Mastercam programming a plus.
· General knowledge of current inspection methods and techniques preferred, ie. CMM, general inspection tools and GD&T.
· Bachelors of Science in Engineering (preferably Mechancial), equivalent experience at discretion of management.
· Five years in a manufacturing environment with experience emphasizing design and product management. Experience with creating manufacturing instructions for shop floor production.
Global Power is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to excellence through diversity.
Global Power (Consolidated Fabricators) is a Equal Employment Opportunity Employer committed to excellence through diversity.